Thursday, October 24, 2013

Paintbox / fudge dye review

At the beginning of the year I was sporting an undercut for my bob cut, since my hair is undesirably thick... And after a year of having "normal" (kind of) hair I was going to spontaneously combust!
And so I decided I was definitely going to bleach and dye my undercut. So that it wasn't too extreme for my parents in a way so that I could hide it or show it.

I really wanted to try manic panic hair dye out but, wasn't ready to spend that extra $$$ since it's quite pricey to get around here. So I stuck with what i've used before and got Paintbox/fudge dye.
To be honest it isn't the best colour dye out there.. it's one of the weakest. The only way to get the vibrant colour it comes as is to bleach your hair to white. And even then, the colour only lasts around 1month/ 30 washes until it goes back into your blonde colour.. And I am one of those people that shampoos their hair everyday.

I did the dying twice over a period of time. The first time when I bleached my undercut I did it till it was about a light golden blonde. And applied the colour "Blue hawaii". The blue turned out darker and after a week or 2 started going back to blonde. Then I bleached my hair once again till it was bleach white. And again applied the Blue hawaii dye to the colour below.


This time the blue lasted longer because the base colour it sat on was white.

I recommend paint box fudge dye to anyone that wants a TEMPORARY colour. It is a weak semi-permanant dye. But I would call it a temporary dye as it only lasts a few weeks.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment